Saturday, July 9, 2011

My2Cents on Andie Eigenmann's Pregnancy

photo courtesy of ofwnow.com

I am a chismosa at heart, which is why I'm a big fan of the fashionpulis blog. I couldn't resist reading it to get the latest showbiz scoop even before they officially become 'news'. The latest issue that was blind itemed (is there such a word?) by fashionpulis that became front page showbiz news is the pregnancy of Andi Eigenmann. It was bound to come out sooner or later, since it's pregnancy - a baby bump would eventually show. What's amazing is that, most people read it first at fashionpulis.com.

Anyway, going back to the issue - it was Jacklyn Jose, Andi's mom who confirmed her daughter's pregnancy. Being a mom myself, I can't imagine the pain she's going through. I am not only referring to the pain of seeing your child get pregnant out of wedlock, but also the pain of knowing her child will eventually get chastised by goody two shoes individuals out there, and mostly of the fact that her daughter didn't only get pregnant before marriage - the man responsible is literally not responsible and left Andi to face her situation alone. Kudos to Jacklyn, though, for standing by her daughter. Her strength is Andi's strength.

I know Andi is not a good role model for young women, but I do admire her for choosing her baby over her career. It's a known fact that her career's starting to take off, her pregnancy will surely place her back on the ground. But who knows, right? Filipino audience are known to always 'forgive and forget'. Let me give you some examples - Gabby Concepcion, Ruffa Gutierrez - "Take it! Take it!" Sound familiar?

photo courtesy of www.pep.ph

Andi may not be someone women should look up to, but her choice of pushing through with pregnancy is admirable. A lot of showbiz personalities have been said to have undergone abortion before, it wouldn't surprise us if Andi decided to go that path. Some supporters of the RH Bill actually took Andi's situation as an opportunity to tell the public that what happened to her could have been avoided if Andi and her partner were sexually educated. Oh c'mon! I'm pretty sure the two know a lot about sex, they just weren't too careful. I am looking at the postive side to all of this, I am loving the fact that Andi chose life - we always have to choose life. Just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment